Introduction

I have never been a "good sleeper." My brain has always busied itself at night, sorting through the day, reminding myself of all of the things I should do, need to do, should have done. It used to be that falling asleep was the most difficult thing to do. I would lie in bed for hours, waiting for sleep to come find me. Since my second daughter was born I've become better at that part, out of survival, I think. If you could be woken up at any given part of the night, you must learn to fall asleep when you can. And yet lately, I find myself awake on the other side of the night-- in the early hours before dawn, and while the house is quiet my heart is racing, as though there is some urgency I have just remembered. And yet there's nothing...but there must be something. So, I'm writing, to try to make sense of the noise in my brain in those quiet hours before the dawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Along

Resolution

Fear